Thursday 20 November 2014

Dead Pulse Zombies Return! The 2nd edition

Dead Pulse ranked in the top 40 horror eBook chart and went out of print Halloween just past. Those who have been keeping tabs my zombie novel I thank you, especially those who have read it.

With the publishing industry in its roller-coaster evolving state it makes sense for me not to go with a publishing house for the second edition of Dead Pulse. Jumping through the book markets/convention hoops has lost its fun and appeal. Also given the offers so far it would mean the novel’s 2nd edition would not be published until (at the earliest) February 2016. Going independent possibly means a Spring- Summer 2015 release and having the control and perks I have with The Final Version. It avoids the publishing house pitfalls and issues that I’ve encounter with a smaller independent publishers.

Dead Pulse is having a minor re-edit (with the help of a top individual) correcting some issues sadly missed with the 1st edition (it happens to the best) and adding some beats so that the entire book meshes seamlessly. You see, when the first publishing option ended, I realised that I am not the same writer I was ten years ago when I first sat down at my word processor and put my faith in other editors and indie horror publishers for Dead Pulse. After Blood Hunger, The Final Version and my film work I am now a more seasoned author. I’m looking forward to offering Dead Pulse reinvigorated and refined.

In addition, I hope to add new original cover artwork which I’m currently on the hunt for (artists get in touch you may have something great and suitable in a draw). The result hopefully will be a different reading experience.

Dead Pulse will be initially sold at first as an early bird numbered, personalised and signed copy via myself direct. Only 500 copies are being printed at first and each book will be hand numbered in sequential order, personalised with a message of your choice and signed. Once the books are sold out, that is it. If you would like purchase a copy keep following on twitter @amesmonde or follow the blog as I’ll be posting details on how to reserve a copy next year.

That’s all folks

A. M.