Saturday 25 June 2016

The Final Version prediction

The The Final Version is the third book I’ve had published; my first was a zombie chiller and the second was a vampire horror novel, and was better received reaching #13 in the fantasy horror chart. The Final Version is the first novel I draft, even though released third. I, who never in the first 30 odd years of my life, ever imagined would write one word for publication. And I never could have predicted it would reach #12 in the charts.

Yesterday, while prepping my next novel Darkest Moons (out October 2016) I looked over The Final Version digital eBook edition which is available is on Amazon. After rereading some of it was one of the strangest experiences of my life. I didn’t recognise half of what I’d written. Had no recollection of writing it. “Where did those words come from?” I questioned. “Who did they come from?” All I can figure is I went into some kind of writer’s trance. There's a Bladerunner feel, but a plastic and neon one in and in contrast to crowded over population there's an emptiness, loneliness where people have buildings to themselves and go about there business under big brother's eye. The suburbs are different again, policed ravaged and dangerous.

But what came out is something that makes me laugh today after UKs decision to leave the EU because of the way the political landscape in the World especially the shift in UK and USA, which echoes in the  subtext of the novel's backdrop. The Final Version, centres around a hearty mix of cyberpunk, DNA, A.I. Robots and Cloning, but its also a post war story of sorts, a warning if you like - which I hope doesn't come to pass. Where the elite chose not to revive their fellow people (in cryo status), to keep power and resource across the remaining cities to themselves. Of course there's assassinations, conspiracy, but never more has a piece of fiction I've written become a step closer to reality not just with DNA, advancements in technology and transatlantic travel but the blurred warped political agendas. 

For less than a coffee check out the future... Are you unique or simply the final version? 

Amazon The Final Version

https://www.amazon.com/Final-Version-M-Esmonde-ebook/dp/B00K34ZPSA

The Final Version Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment