Wednesday 14 July 2010

Blood Hunger, the Dracula Myth and Legend

Picture from fullhalloween.com

News, movie developments, but firstly, I’d like to sincerely thank all those who have purchased and read Blood Hunger, feedback has been very positive and I’m glad it has been well received, especially by die-hard vampire fans and the USA audience.
 
As I’ve mentioned in previous posts I continued shaping Blood Hunger, writing a definitive vampire tale true to the original origins but an injecting a modern spin and twist. And at times it is ambiguous but it was required for the reader to link and solve some of the mystery.

Thankfully or worryingly, everyone seemed to have warmed to the cold-blooded killer vampire sisters Monica, Gabriella and the mysterious Iliana. And that Nettie Johns character hit a nerve.

The 1477 A.D segments of the book that follow the downfall of the vampire brothers Vlad, Mircea, Radu and Stellan - I tired to encompass the 15th century history as oppose to Bram's 1897 Victorian London, and I love that readers 'got it' and liked the contrast in setting.

Talking of contrast in setting, my research and correspondence with the police on the chapters set in the present day really helped give those parts some realism. Detective Michaels and explorer Lucia turned out well and I'm looking forward to seeing their film incarnations.

Unfortunately, after attending development meetings with the first producers  it's apparent that the movie adaptation may omit the 1477 A.D segments due to budget constraints. I am in the process of pushing it's development forward.  It is still exciting that Blood Hunger may make it to a screen and hopefully it will exceed Terminus popularity.

Ultimately, I set out two write a definitive vampire story that encompasses and pays tribute to the myth and legend, which has such an affect on today’s pop culture. However, I was very conscientious to write something different to Meyer, Rice and so on, who’s work I have not read but have heard a lot about.

I hope Blood Hunger continues to capture the imagination of new readers that have been surrounded by only Twilight, Vampire Diaries and True Blood types respectfully, while at the same time satisfying hammer fans and lovers of the vampire and Dracula legend itself.

Follow me on Twitter

I'll be giving away Blood hunger T-shirts etc.

Order your copy here: Blood Hunger

No comments:

Post a Comment