Thursday 19 January 2012

Confessions: Juggling Writing and Filming does it matter?


20120119-183411.jpg
Juggling both my writing and filmmaking is not easy. When Darkest Moons goes to print will end my sub-genre horror books. My zombie, vampires and Werewolf and their subtle connecting thread will be complete for readers to enjoy. But who really cares? I wonder who reads these posts, I wonder who reads my books. Many people know the writer but not the work - it's an odd situation. 

I don’t intend on revisiting sub-horrors, although I have received some tantalising offers. I’m pleased with the interest and success of both Blood Hunger and Dead Pulse and I hope that Darkest Moons will have the same reception.

So what is next?

Thinking... Filming for me has a whole different set of challenges and gives different types of reward. Revamped was a little gem, Terminus has had a great reaction amongst the art house fans with its style and themes.


20120119-182239.jpg

Darkest Moons –Taylor’s Plight pre-pro involved with creature effects and some basic funding is taking longer than expected. Despite having a lead actress cast, script and much of the pre-pro done if things don’t move forward it may be shelved. Which will be a shame. Its hard doing it on your own, especially in this climate it takes a lot of energy and time. You do meet people that offer their assistance but you also meet many that are all talk. You all encounter people with the best intentions in the world but for one reason or another cant commit. Unless you’re big budget it’s hard. A lot indie filmmakers just want to make their story, I need someone who is keen want to make my stories but their with vision. For me story is paramount, while I have vivid ideas of how something can look or can be made I’m not
overprotective of the source material (that's the producer in me) so long as the story's essence remains.

So I’ll await the release of Darkest Moons. Then I’ll be free to weigh up the options, more ghost writing, completion of my sci-fi novel, continue the series, film Taylor’s Plight, resurrect my development hell film Riverside Hotel to name a few or just procrastinate, my, my I hate that word along with viral and visceral.

Whatever you're doing believe in yourself and just keep plugging. Please leave a comment or like my page because in cyberspace no one can hear you scream it can be a lonely thankless place. 

My best A. M.


20120119-182753.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment