Thursday 30 May 2013

Watch the Say My Name Video

I’ve been almost off the grid for the last two months. Although you probably think I’ve been immersed in Commedia dell'Arte, The Voice, Hannibal, Bates Motel or Maimi Vice tee hee - I’ve been handling production of a music video. (Video and set snaps below).

Promotional music films predate the 1930’s and 70s TOTP deserves a mention but it was MTV that popularised them new heights in the 80’s. There was money to be made and new talent emerged and careers were launched off the back of a music videos. Like everything else these it’s now saturated, exploited (oh such a pessimist), times have changed but the purpose still remains not just to promote but to entertain. Although there are many great and innovative video’s out there I personally feel ‘Thriller’ is still thee music video, er or maybe that’s just because of my association with horror.

I digress, I'm a little like Billy Connolly at stand up gig sometimes. 
Filmed over two days (20-21st April, with Mark Lysons and Vicki Macgregor) and while I didn’t have the 1983 $500,000 budget (not adjusted!) of Thriller, or want to produce another short film I couldn't pass at the chance to Direct/Produce this little offering... “Say My Name” - I hope you enjoy.


For information on the rock band V0iD visit: www.v0idonline.com