Tuesday 1 January 2019

After a year we’re back and with news

Attachment.pngHey you readers! Here's to 2019 being full of health and happiness for you.
So I'm back after a full year break. As you know, I like to be interactive in my work and value your input. There are three amazing stories I have in mind and I am leaving it up to you to choose which novel/work you'd want to read in 2019/20. The three choices are as follows, so please comment or drop a note on my website or email me:
1. THE LONGEST NIGHT.
Scripts in book format appear to be on the rise. I suppose they're more digestible and put you closer to the voice of the characters. It'll be my full screenplay of my thriller film that had a fantastic talented cast. It's about an American detective who travels to the Britain to help find a missing woman but in the process embarks on a journey of self discovery and redemption.
2. Untitled BLOOD HUNGER sequel.
Blood Hunger is my most successful novel to date but I left it on a cliffhanger reveal of sorts, even though there are clues in my other novels of what became of the players it's void of what happened to the main characters only the underpinning sub-characters and their world. It'll be the continuing vampire thriller about a country haunted by vampire violence and murder.
3. RIVERSIDE HOTEL. Amongst my many projects in development over the years this was one of my first and favourite. It put me in touch with legendary author James Herbert, and was touted around the film industry. (Imitated and borrowed, I never saw a penny). I'll rework to remove some of the elements of this ghost story that have been 'borrowed' in the past to give it a fresh overhaul.
So over the next few weeks let me know which one or maybe there's something else I've missed. I will complete/the novel with the most interest over the next year.
FAQ's:
Q: Why not The Final Version 2 or a Darkest Moons follow up, even another Dead Pulse novel?
A: After the year that was 2018 I'm not ready to pen what would be back to back Darkest Moons books. Darkest Moons took a lot out of me and Final Version was research intensive along with the film and video work I've made. I am excited about writing follow ups to either one of these books but just not ready at this time. With Dead Pulse, after speaking to George Romero's widow, for me- creatively zombies died when the genre's legend passed away.
Q: Why are A. M. Esmonde novels no longer being sold in stores?
A: All of my novels ARE available in stores but would need to be ordered in via the store for you to collect. I don't mention this as Amazon e-books are available and they usually do free shipping on paperbacks. Also I'd rather sell them directly to you, signed and on request via my website than fight for shelf and stock space and have you visit the store more than once.
The publishing industry has changed. Publishers are no longer offering the kind of advances necessary for authors to make a lively hood to support their families. Agents don't have power they once did. The market is saturated. Games now rule. There are authors who pump out a new book every three months, sometimes hire ghostwriters, which is not my thing, (I was one of those ghostwriters). As you know, my novels are incredibly imaginative and can take years to complete.
Q: How are these books published?
A: There's no easy answer. I've been under contract, which three of the novels were tied to. However, AM to PM is a publisher with editors, artists located in Wales and Europe. Even known publishers have moved to print on demand similar to Warner Bros. DVD production. Quality of the finished product is a given. Many pay for ISBN numbers to appear published. Many publishers do this themselves offering authors a raw deal. I found this out the hard way. Once my contract commitments were fulfilled and rights reverted back I didn't want to be in a position to beg 'Publishers' and/or rely 'Agents'. It can be detrimental and a struggle but many authors and artists in many mediums have been successful without selling out, or compromising their story/vision. Mine did well in their chart rankings more so when going solo.
Please let me know what you fancy reading. There is more coming, you got me this far and its up to you to decide what's next.
Aaron
A. M. Esmonde

No comments:

Post a Comment