Sunday 2 January 2022

Happy New Year: Terminator, Aliens, Miami Vice and beyond.

 


 Firstly, thank you for all your shares, purchases and simple interactions. Word and mouth even via digital channels is so important. Shadows of Dismemberment was a highlight of last year, probably my favourite novel to date.

With saying goodbye to 2021 I wanted to part virtually/spiritually with some projects that niggling amounted to very little. Well, that’s not quite true. They were fun but took a lot of energy, time and sometimes money. I always try and make announcements after something is completed. It’s all about ‘doing’ unless specifically commissioned or contracted. I’m not about ‘I’m going to do this or that’, I’m more about, ‘look what I’ve/we’ve done’ you may like it — here it is. I’ve always tried to do that.

It’s no secret I’ve pitched, Terminator, Alien/Prometheus sequels, even proposed a Miami Vice final 112th Episode or a backdoor pilot to season 6. (All of these are available to read on request, in a ‘fan fiction’ capacity, as I have no rights over the characters.)

These weren’t a waste of time, I love the characters and the world they live in. But it’s a hard business, that’s show business, c’est la vie.

Your health and happiness are the most important and if you’re not enjoying that chase, stop and do something else.

I create worlds and characters. Some are better than others. Some are more successful than others. When asked for advice, I said over a decade or so ago; ‘believe in yourself and keep plugging’. That advice hasn’t changed. But don’t try and swim the ocean, build the right boat first and sail, you may never find land, but you’ll always stay on top.

I’ve no releases due for 2022, (that’s another story) but please check out Shadows of Dismemberment; and if you’ve already read it please review and spread the word.

Thanks again. 

Happy New Year! 

A. M.

No comments:

Post a Comment