Friday 14 October 2011

Comic Books For All! It's Oxicomics Of Course

There was a time that people laughed when I told them I bought things on the internet...

I was told that DVD wouldn't take off, that Blu-ray was no match for HD-DVD and I was signed as a test case for Kindle when some people thought it was used for consuming soup.

That's just a few examples, but nobody is perfect - I have been wrong about things, Sodastream, those fizzy bubbles just can't seem to stick and Velcro pants- they seemed like a great idea at the time.

I very rarely endorse, that said, I'm a supporter of Indie film maker David Paul Baker, Classic Horror Campaign the Wales Ape and Monkey Sanctuary.

But I thought it was important I introduce you  to Oxicomics. Oxicomics is a digital platform for comics, they started out of the love for comics. As you may know back before the iPad, digital comics started out as apps for iPhone - which injected new life into comics, allowing seasoned readers and a whole new generation of comic lovers to enjoy on a different medium.
I was lucky enough to be in contact with Morten F. Thomsen and to be a part of Oxicomics launch this year and the comic adaptation of my novel Blood Hunger was hosted by Oxicomics.

In addition, if you happen to be a developer on iOS, Android, Javascript, graphics designer or Drupal/PHP/Ruby on Rails developer with some spare time - Oxicomics could always use your help!

They do it for the love - so that writers, artists and readers can reap the reward. 

No comments:

Post a Comment